Friday, August 12, 2011

My brother keeps framing me for stuff, how do I stop him!?

This is a difficult situation because it's been going on our whole lives. My brother and I are a year apart; he just turned 18 and I'm turning 17 in a few months. Usually within the stereotypical family, the "baby" or younger sibling gets away with everything, but it's the other way around for me. My brother started this one day years ago when I slid down the slide and he decided to jump on and try to grab me on the way down. I didn't anticipate this and I tried to stop myself. Needless to say it was his fault that his face was in the way and I knocked his baby tooth out. My whole family (aunts, uncles, the like) was there and no one saw! When asked what happened he started bawling and said I kicked him in the mouth on purpose because I was mad. I felt awful because everyone believed him. Another time more recent he slipped and fell in the kitchen when we were playing cards with my best friend. He was mad that I'd won. I don't know why he decided to tell her I tripped him, but he did. To my horror she believed him. He also used to cut pillows and draw on things and my parents always thought it was me! We sat in time out for three hours once because he refused to admit it and then swore to our parents that I admitted it during the time. He's been doing this stuff for years and still does today. He'll do weird pranks and when people get mad he blames me and won't let up. Later he'll laugh about how he got away with it and no one ever hears us. It's kind of creepy sometimes. He cusses at me and calls me names when we argue and no one is around. So, what can I do!? It's really frustrating because this has happened so much that my parents think it's been me all this time. My brother is so subtly deceiving and my step mom finally recognizes it, but my dad won't listen to her. Is there anything I can do to show my parents who I really am? I'm not some lying coward and it's awful to sit, wait to be chastised, and listen to him lie to their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment