Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Helping my friend with Aspergers with social situations?

I think if the girl was aware of his situation, she'd be a lot more open to it than if she didn't know. If she didn't know, she might think that he was being rude or cold. The girl that was flirting with him probably thought he was rejecting her, even if that really wasn't his intentions. I think you should talk to the other guys that were bothering them and tell them to let up, it probably didn't help the sitution any. In the future, if something like this happens, maybe you should step in and be like the "middle man." I've seen this a lot with a few guys I know...one is kind of shy and his friend is really outgoing, so the outgoing guy will join in to make things lett awkward at first (if this makes sense? Like if the shy guy is at a loss for words, the other guy will throw something out there to talk about and then step back a little). It sounds to me like it might not have been that he really wanted to focus on the order, but that he either didn't realize that the girl was interested or simply didn't know what to do so he tried to ignore it. Maybe give him some tips on dealing with the ladies and just be there for him. I think it would be hard to date someone like that, but if I was aware of how he was I would give him a chance. He'd have to warm up to me though eventually and not act so antisocial around me. I know that would probably take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment