Thursday, August 11, 2011

Help with truck exhaust?

What you can do is buy an exhaust cutout system. Summit Racing sells one for a decent price. What you do is you cut a section of your stock pipe off and replace it with the y-pipe. It comes with a cap you can manually take off when you want it loud or you can leave it on to be quiet. Or what you can do is also purchase the electric exhaust cutout system which is basically just a cap that will open when you push a button. So...you can be loud all you want...then you see a cop....and close your exhaust. Ha and the total price comes out to about $160 which is about the same price as a loud muffler. But this way you can choose when to be loud. If you have any questions you can email me and I'll be happy to answer anything I can. As far as cost of installation, IDK because I installed mine myself. It took me about 2 hours with tools around my garage. No special tools were needed. just a skill saw with a metal cutting blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment